THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Kind Words

I had wanted to post about this earlier - Allan Martin is a good friend and mentor to me and has been extraordinarily supportive to me over the past 3 years or so. The day I boarded the plane (in fact sitting in the airport to board) to leave for Malawi I got a note from him to read a blog he writes for. I went to the website only to find the most recent post to be about me! In a special way it seemed to be a special send-off from him and the friends who had commented. I wanted to post a link here for you to read if so inclined. I feel a bit like it is self promoting, but it isn't it is just to honor God in what he has done in my life and to thank my friends for being so wonderful and generous in their support of me. God speaks his love to us through relationships in many different ways... http://ignitionblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/experiencing-god-where-in-the-world-is-god/

3 comments:

More About the Z Family said...

What a week! No running water - how much we take for granted in the US. You are such an inspiration to me, Elisa - I feel so blessed to call you my friend. We will keep you on our prayers - hang in there, before you know it, you'll be an old pro (all things are possible through God - just keep chanting that to yourself!) I hope that your dad is okay.

Amy

Phyllis Harding said...

Greetings from Florida. What an initation you've had to life in Africa. I remember being without water during the hurricanes a few years ago and am sure those challenges were nothing like what you're experiencing. God is good and He will lead and bless you - you're in my prayer box - and it'll be a privilege to lift you and your group up in prayer. Hope your father is doing better.

Isaiah 41:10 is special to me.

Phyllis

Connie Schneider said...

Hi Elisa - Thanks for sharing your experience with us and giving us the privilege of presenting you and Mission:Malawi before the Lord in prayer! We were without electricity for two days in Hinsdale last week as a result of the tornados here, and, it was not particularly fun. But we did have water! Our email Prayer Warriors are praying for you!


Psalm 121:2...My Help comes from The LORD, the maker of heaven and earth!

Blessings, Connie Schneider