THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Family Dayz

My Dad and I arrived in Oregon in a big yellow moving truck last Thursday at my brother's house. So for the last week I've been here in the mountains of Oregon enjoying my three nephews, planting flowers with my sister in law, cooking, doing dishes, weeding, hiking to waterfalls, and just basically living. Oh I've also started sorting through my stuff yet AGAIN... I thought I didn't have very much until I look at it all in a pile. :)

Yesterday I went to Portland to learn about SunPlus which is the new accounting software that AHI wants me to implement in Malawi. It is a software produced by the General Conference and being implemented all over the world. It is pretty complicated and I'm not sure yet how it will all work out. In talking with Don P (chairman of the board) the first order of business when I get there is to look into the whole revenue cycle as there are some issues. We are also looking into getting satellite internet which will be a huge project.

I am still working on getting my ticket. Other things I'm working on is getting an LCD projector to take for presentations. I also have to arrange my immunizations, finalize the stuff I need to take, order a laptop computer, a digital camera, and probably other stuff.

It's an interesting life to not be "working"... I guess I still kind of feel like I'm on vacation except I have all of my stuff with me. I'm not sure any of this has really sunk in... more on that later I'm sure.

No comments: