THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Request for Photos

I haven't posted any photos for a while so I thought I'd just post some here. I am in Nairobi for 3 weeks attending Institute of World Missions so am excited to have speedy internet which makes this easier. It is a good class, I am learning a lot and feel privileged to be included since I'm not an official GC employee. I have posted more photos on Facebook so if you want to see more go to my page and check them out.

Senga Bay, Lake Malawi


Cristy, Anthony, & Me (Christmas Day

Me and a little girl in Nagwengwe village

Scott Guptill and I (Mindi was taking the photo) eating Indian food at the Yaya center in Nairobi - notice the copper pots for the curry! YUM

Soap stone workshop in Nairobi - this is where the items are painted before sold in the markets


Plumeria or Frangipani blossom (photo by Cristy)

Our house decorated for Christmas (thanks to Kelly)

Hobbes pooped out after all the decoration!!



2 comments:

More About the Z Family said...

Elisa - when did you cut bangs, or am I just flaking out and you've always had bangs? Beautiful pictures!

Mz. Hilde said...

saw some sort of posting on the church bulletin board today for malawi, africa and thought of you. :) hope you're doing well! thanks for sharing pics.