THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Picasa Web Album

I've posted quite a few photos of Malawi on Picasa and wanted to give you the link... http://picasaweb.google.com/elisa.brown

I've just finished four days watching my three nephews on my own. It was fun! We made some art projects, went swimming, worked in the garden, went to the library, spent time with Grandma Brown, Grandpa Sowa and just generally tried to survive the heatwave that hit the Northwest. Ryan and Nathan discovered the butterfly net and caught a few butterflies. The thrilling screeches of "Auntie!!!! I just caught a butterfly!!!!!!!" will stick in my mind! I brought them a new "Complete Guide to Insects and Spiders" so it was fun to identify the bugs and butterflies that they were catching.

Thankfully I'm feeling better since I had a cold the first part of the week. It was so nice that my Mom came down and helped out over one night. The days were up about 100-105 F too so that made it worse - with no AC!!

It has been good to chat on the phone with friends while I'm home. I'm looking forward to next week with Mom and seeing friends at ASI. I'll be traveling for the next couple of weeks but I'm sure I'll still be online - of course!

No comments: