THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Few Photos

Thought I would just post some photos of recent events/activities:

A container arrived last Monday and these photos are guys unloading. I couldn't watch for long because they were just tossing everything off the trucks unless it was heavy or looked important.

Three nice gurneys were put to use the same day! We also got an O2 concentrator, ultrasound, suction machines and an ECG.

This is Jessica, Julia, & I at a fireworks display a couple of weeks ago. They were two peds residents here for 2 weeks.

The next photos are from Nyala Park where they have lots of giraffe. I took many more photos but only posted a few...

Yes - me with the giraffes. :)
And a little baby - so cute!

Things are stressful here - I'll be honest. But on the other hand I have many things to be thankful for. On Friday Cristy and I are going to have a thanksgiving dinner with friends here at Malamulo. It will be nice to celebrate and relax with everyone. We also just had 3 people from LLU come for a few days to plan a big trip with college students next summer. It is always nice to have visitors and the encouragement they bring.

Blessings to each of you and thank you for your emails and prayers - especially the prayers. Some days I feel like I'm in the bulls-eye of the great controversy! I'll write more later...

4 comments:

jason m w said...

thanks for posting pics. i'm sure it's a pain but you know how i love pictures.

More About the Z Family said...

Love the pictures, and love to hear how everything is going. Remember to focus on the good things and God's blessings so that you will not be too discouraged! We're praying for you!

Phyllis Harding said...

Holiday Greetings to you, Elisa. A blessed Christmas Season too.
Thanks for the pix - love seeing them and what's happening in your corner of the world.

God is good - even though the skies may fall - in your case the roof - He's powerful and in control.

Take care, Phyllis

dherna said...

Elisa, nice chatting with you this morning... let's do it more often.

Blessings my friend! If you need anything just let us know.