THE BLOG

In this space I will post stories, events, photos, during the time I live in Malawi, Africa working with Adventist Health International. Please come back often (or subscribe) and comment frequently so that we can be connected.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ways to Donate

I have had a few people ask me about how to donate money to help support Malamulo Hospital and what things we are needing. There are many projects as well as just general day to day operations of the hospital... Here is a list of projects that I sent to one friend:

1. Buying new mattresses for the beds – about 180 are needed to replace ones that were falling apart, stained, and rotten and have already been destroyed. With the coming rainy season there is a huge need to be sure that the beds have mattresses – especially in pediatrics.

2. Water project – the water system is 50-80 years old and in dire need of repair. ADRA has funded a grant to get us started, but we will need about $300,000 more dollars to repair everything properly.

3. Annex Ward – we have a ward that is for the “VIP” patients (i.e. ones with insurance that can pay for it) that needs to be fixed up with paint, TV’s, the kitchen re-done, new linens, etc. The hope is to attract the higher paying patients which is possible with the good doctors here now. The cost will probably be $2,000-5,000 depending on how much we do.

4. General operations – we are struggling and in debt to quite a few creditors up to about $600,000 USD although we are now paying cash for the medications and supplies, it is difficult (if not impossible) to keep up.

5. Malamulo College of Health Sciences has many needs and the students from all 12 SDA colleges around the US have united to raise money and help support the college here. For more information on that you can visit www.missionatmalamulo.org


For sending donations the best option is to direct it to Adventist Health International click on "how can I help" at the top, then "Financial Donation". If you send me an email with the amount of your donation it will help us so that we can have the money transferred and used how you specify or for Malamulo in general.

The friend I sent the list to has already donated $1,000 and we are so thankful for this support!! The best promise is knowing that God has 1,000 ways to supply the needs of the hospital that we don't understand. Thank you for your interest in the mission here and the lives that are impacted by the hospital. Please email me with any questions...

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com